Frequently Asked Questions
Anyone can become a Turbulence Training affiliate! Whether you have a website or not, all you need to get started earning commissions is to sign up at Clickbank.com.
Once your account is registered, then you can immediately begin sending traffic to Turbulence Training. When someone purchases a Turbulence Training product through your affiliate link, you earn an affiliate commission and it will show up in real time in your Clickbank account.
If you are not yet signed up with Clickbank, then setting up your Clickbank account is your very first step and it is easy.
On the Clickbank sign up page, you'll fill in your personal details and pick your own personal Clickbank account name (also know as your 'nickname'). Once you have created an account with Clickbank, all you have to do is insert your Clickbank nickname into the following URL and then use that link to direct people to my site:
Just replace the XXXX with your Clickbank affiliate nickname. So, if your nickname is “fatloss”, this is what your link would look like:
You may also visit our link generator to create special links that will direct traffic to other landing pages found on our site.
Please make sure you create this link correctly or else you will not receive credit for your sales!
I have one last suggestion. If you are using hoplinks on a web page, it is best you use a "DISPLAY URL" of Turbulence Training rather than exposing the actual clickbank hoplink (i.e. http://XXXXX.turbulence.hop.clickbank.net).
Tests have shown that when people realize they are "being sold something" on a commission basis (as opposed to getting a "recommendation" from an independent 3rd party), the conversion rates may drop, therefore it's best to "hide" your affiliate hoplink in your HTML code and use www.TurbulenceTraining.com as the display link.
For example, the HTML code for your website or blog would look like this:
Another way to mask your affiliate link is to use an "affiliate redirect". This is where you buy your own domain name and "re-direct" this new domain name through your affiliate link. Having your own domain name will significantly improve your affiliate efforts. Here's how to do that...
1) You'll need to go to www.GoDaddy.com and buy a "domain name". (A domain name is simply a website name, like TurbulenceTraining.com.) Let’s say you bought the domain name, “FatLossAtHome.com”.
2) Now you'll have both your Clickbank affiliate link and your domain name.
3) In your GoDaddy.com account click on “Domain Manager” and then find your domain name and click on it.
4) You'll come to a screen where you see a lot of options. Look to the bottom left where you see the word "Forwarding". Click on the link that says "manage" beside it.
5) You now have the option to edit this domain, so copy and paste your Clickbank affiliate hoplink into the space provided. Then click OK.
6) Now it might take up to 24 hours, but within a day, whenever someone types in "FatLossAtHome.com" (or whatever domain you bought), it will take them through your affiliate link to Turbulence Training.
7) If that visitor purchases that Clickbank product within 60 days of that first visit, you'll make a sale and receive a commission. That's all you have to do.
8) Plus, you can also use that domain name in your emails, on Twitter, or on Facebook.
If you have any questions about making hoplinks, whatsoever, please contact us.
Here are some great examples of domains that are very specific and beg the reader to click on:
- Implies skepticism and promises reviews just within that short domain
- This one includes a USP and is more targeted than say QuicklyLoseFat.com because it answers the question, "how fast?"
- Although long, this domain name does an excellent job of target marketing. Rather than go after the hugely competitive keyword "weight loss", this domain name is specific to:
- Weight loss
- Women's weight loss
- Women's weight loss programs
All ClickBank hoplinks are now automatically encoded or cloaked by our HopLink Shield. HopLink Shield is a free tool that encrypts the affiliate and vendor nicknames in HopLinks, which provides a great deal of security and protection.
Click here to protect your Turbulence Training hoplink
Here’s where a lot of impatient affiliates make a mistake. Many newcomers to the affiliate game think that just sending 10, 20 or even 50 visitors (“hops”) to a website should result in a sale, if not a bunch of sales.
Unfortunately, that’s not how it works. If you make one sale in 50 clicks, that is amazing! But the truth will be more like one sale every hundred or more clicks.
In some cases, it may take several hundred hops just to make one sale. So if you send 20 or 30 visitors to a website that probably won’t be enough to make a sale.
You need to compare the entire sales process to something like customers browsing a store. Not every customer is going to be interested in buying every item in the store. In reality, most customers are interested in a few specific items.
So your goal is to simply get in front of the customer who is specifically interested in the item you are promoting. You need to accept that a lot of folks may have low or mild interest in your promotion, and might click through to see more info, but won’t end up buying. At the end of the day, all that matters is that the number of sales you make justifies the time and/or money that you put into the affiliate promotion.
The best way to promote Turbulence Training is to have a website that attracts qualified traffic and pre-sells the Turbulence Training program.
First, you need to identify the problem that your prospect is having. If people come to your blog or follow you on Twitter or Facebook, they are doing so because they are looking for help.
Second, once you have identified that problem, you need to offer them a proven solution (i.e. Turbulence Training). And if you can do that, you will be their hero.
Third, people are interested in other people with PASSION, so if you can show your true passion for Turbulence Training and fat loss on your website, your readers will get really excited and want to join you on the Turbulence Training journey. Be LOUD and PROUD of your decision to help others improve their health with Turbulence Training.
So identify the problem, offer a solution, and do it with passion. Also, you’ll need to start building a list so that you can communicate with your readers on a regular basis.
For more details on how to set up your blog and start posting, download your free report on Turbulence Training Affiliate Blogging here:
When designing your website, focus on creating an authority site that convinces your prospects to take action. You’ll need to:
- Make it easy for your prospects to access your free report and sign-up for your mailing list
- Make it easy for your prospect to understand what you are selling
- Make it easy for your prospect to take action and buy Turbulence Training
For more information on how to set up your website, please watch this FREE webinar I prepared for you here:
To build an email list, you must invest in an email list management system. The 3 most popular services for email lists are:
I use Aweber.com and highly recommend it.
Because of the massive amount of competition online these days, you also need to offer excellent content in exchange for the prospect’s contact information. One of the smartest business building strategies you can employ is to give away some Turbulence Training content for FREE, in exchange for their contact information of course. You can use one of the free Turbulence Training PDF’s described below or found HERE.
Your website/blog should target a specific niche market so that you can almost personalize your communications to them. A niche market is a narrowly defined group of potential customers. And it is much easier to write passionate articles when you are writing to a specific audience.
By talking more specifically and directly to a market you will build a stronger, more personal bond with your prospects and create a deeper level of trust. And the more your prospects trust you, the more willing they will be to buy the product you recommend.
Your website/blog should include a passionate, honest review of Turbulence Training. Tell your readers what you liked and even what you didn’t like about the program.
Share your own Transformation photos and story if you’ve used the Turbulence Training program with success. Your readers want to connect with you and you will be the best proof that the program works. You can also write about the greatest Turbulence Training Success Stories featured at www.TransformationContest.com
Put as much original content on your website/blog as possible. In addition, you can also post articles I’ve written and made available in the Turbulence Training articles section in the affiliate area.
You can also post my Youtube videos by going to www.youtube.com/cbathletics and copying the “Embed” code and pasting that on your blog. Put your affiliate link above or below the video.
You can give away FREE Turbulence Training Workouts branded with your affiliate link.
In addition to using those free reports, please add Turbulence Training images and banners to your site. You can find those here:
Writing emails to your readers is not as hard as you think it might be. In fact, it’s just like writing an email to a friend. I want you to include stories and examples whenever possible in your emails. People like stories and it helps them remember what you are teaching them better than if you just recited facts or even instructions.
1. Learn how to transform your passion and caring for your clients into your writing and speaking.
Once you do, you’ll be a hit and your business will grow big-time (with a big “word of mouth” component from happy clients).
2. The first thing you must do is avoid being boring.
Put some enthusiasm into your communications with your readers. And don’t forget, you have to be authentic with your enthusiasm.
3. Do NOT be vague, scattered, plain, uninteresting, cheap, or "for everyone".
Your business has to be about something. This means attracting a certain group of folks and repelling another group.
4. Focus on Customer Lifetime Value
This is no place for one night stands. It’s all about lifetime value of customers. Build your business by finding solutions to your reader’s problems and they will follow you for life!
The first thing you need is a good headline just like when writing ad copy only in this case, the headline will be the Email Subject Line that shows up in their inbox.
In the body of the email, I recommend starting with a personalized greeting, which you can set up in almost any email system.
Then in the first paragraph you want to provide some personal information, and maybe even “set a scene” so they get more involved in your email by activating their imagination. After that, build into your content, using lists, short easy-to-read sentences, and provide great tips.
Keep writing exclusively to your target market, being opinionated and showing your reader that you are on their side. The more you know your audience the better you will be able to create content that matches what they are looking for and in turn make them much more inclined to stick around.
At the end of the email, include a call to action. I hear from a lot of people who bought after being on the list for months you never know when they are going to take action…so keep asking.
If you find it difficult to write emails, then here are some tips to help you get started:
1. Don’t edit yourself. Just sit down and write from your stream of consciousness.
2. Find your right time of day for writing…don’t force writing when you aren’t ready.
3. Carry around a notepad all the time so you can write when you get ideas.
Email your list at least once a week with great content and a call to action (i.e. sending them to Turbulence Training to get started). In the next section, I’ll show you how to set up autoresponders so that your messages are going out automatically.
An autoresponder is an automatic email (or series of emails) that can be sent out to your readers if they are added to one of your email lists. Autoresponders are used as email marketing tools to immediately provide information to your prospects and then follow up with them at specific time intervals.
For example, you need to have an autoresponder set up for anyone that signs up for your free report so that the free report download link can be sent out to them. This is very easy to do within your email list management service.
In addition, autoresponders can be used to offer “24-7” email marketing promotion of your website and products. You can add a lengthy sequence of emails to your autoresponder program and you can set up those emails to go out whenever you choose.
Many affiliates have created outstanding e-mail autoresponder mini courses by selectively choosing from my content. Here are the web pages where you can browse our article library:
The one thing we do not have in our affiliate area yet is a pre-made autoresponder course, but we DO have that in the works. It will be a mini course about fat burning, and it will be very content rich.
Yes, as long as the sale is made within 60 days. Clickbank has set 60-day cookies on all affiliate links, meaning that the visitor you sent is coded with your affiliate link provided they use the same computer for the sale as they did the original visit.
Some affiliates are concerned that if they send a visitor to TurbulenceTraining.com and that visitor subscribes to our newsletter and later clicks through one of our newsletter links, that they will not receive a commission.
That doesn’t happen because we only use direct (unformatted) links in our newsletters and autoresponders, which are devoid of all affiliate tracking.
In reality, the more of your visitors who opt in to our newsletter list, the higher your sales are likely to be - email follow-up increases conversions and sales.
Almost everyone is a perfect candidate for Turbulence Training, because so many people are looking for real fat loss solutions these days.
Sales are divided almost equally between men and women, with an age range of 20 all the way up to 70 years old.
That said, there are two specific “Customer Avatars” that I have built for my Turbulence Training messages. One is “Mark” and the other is “Jennifer”.
Here is Mark’s customer avatar.
1) 36 year old male from Pennsylvania.
2) Has 2 children.
3) Works in "the office" (perhaps even at Dunder-Mifflin!).
4) Makes a 1 hour trip to work, and a 1 hour trip home through traffic. He hates it.
5) Works out at 5am, 12pm, or 9pm in the basement of his home, or at work.
6) Drives a beige American-made minivan.
7) Has toys strewn across the front yard of his house.
8) Owns a house worth $150-$250K.
9) Plays baseball in the backyard with his kids after he BBQ's each night.
10) Black hair, about 6 feet tall, and 20-25% body fat - the prototypical skinny-fat guy.
11) Played sports in college, but then stopped working out.
12) Got married and then got too busy to exercise.
13) Every once in a while he tries to get started again, but fails because a magazine recommends a workout that takes too long.
14) Fears of sustaining a back injury with barbell squats or getting crushed by bench.
15) Loves his kids and wife to death. Is a low key guy, but don't mess with his family.
16) Loves America, major league baseball, the 4th of July, Thanksgiving, and the NFL.
Here is Jennifer’s customer avatar.
1. 39 year old female from the mid-west.
2. Is married and has 2 children.
3. Works at home or in an office within 20 minutes from her home.
4. Works out at 5am or 9pm in a spare room at home or goes to a nearby gym.
5. Drives an SUV filled with toys and sports equipment.
6. Constantly has to clean up the toys lying around the house.
7. Owns a house worth $250-$350K.
8. About 25-35% body fat carrying extra weight from pregnancies.
9. Did aerobics or jogging in college, but then stopped working out. Thinks that workouts need to be long and include cardio but they hate cardio.
10. Got too busy to exercise once she had kids.
11. Every January dhe tries to get started again, but fails because a magazine recommends a workout that takes too long and is boring. Wants something she can do at home.
12. Consumes a lot of coffee or diet sodas. Makes the mistake of mindless eating while preparing dinner for family.
13. Would do anything for her kids but hates lacking the energy to keep up with them. She’s stuck in a cycle of having low energy, consuming caffeine and sugar, and then crashing down to low energy again.
14. Just wants to feel good again and fit back in her old jeans.
Those are the two main demographic profiles of Turbulence Training users, however there are TT users all over the world. Over 60% are from America, and 7% come from Canada, Australia, and the UK. The remainder of Turbulence Training users come from all over the world.
In addition, personal trainers make up a significant portion of Turbulence Training clients, purchasing everything from the main Turbulence Training for Fat Loss manual to the TT Bootcamps programs and TT bodyweight manuals.
A common characteristic amongst super affiliates and top marketers is their obsession with testing and tracking.
Fortunately for affiliates, Clickbank has recently added an in-house tracking system which allows you to modify your hoplinks so you can learn exactly where your sales are coming from.
Why should you track your clickbank hoplinks?
If you have a website(s) with multiple pages (articles, reviews, etc) containing your standard hoplink you will must determine which of those pages are converting best for you.
- With the TID tracking code, you will be able to track each page individually
- Once you know which pages convert the best, you can begin sending more traffic to your highest converting pages, or rolling those pages out across more websites.
You can place your TID tracking code in the HTML for graphics, including banners, photos and book cover images to see which images and banners convert best for you.
You can implement ad tracking into your PPC campaigns based on which pages, reviews or ads are most profitable (and send more PPC traffic to your highest converting pages).
Turbulence Training is now set-up to include Clickbank’s new 1-Click Upsell technology, allowing for additional products to be sold to a customer during the purchase flow. The 1-Click Upsell gives us the power to further monetize a single Hop as affiliates earn commissions on the upsell purchases.
Note: This 1-Click Upsell feature is only provided to qualified vendors who have met extensive Clickbank standards and requirements. Currently, less than 1% of Clickbank products have access to this software which is boosting conversions tremendously and allows you to spend more effort on your marketing.
Each of these additional product offers is strategically chosen to compliment the initial offer beautifully and so the likelihood of you earning extra commission through the sales process is very high.
In addition, Turbulence Training also has other upsells including upsells on the download page that most other vendors neglect. Plus, our follow-up customer emails continue to promote additional Turbulence Training products so that you can make even more Turbulence Training sales for each visitor you send. It is this strategic use of upsells and follow-ups that help Turbulence Training become one of the most consistent selling products on Clickbank.
Yes, images are highly recommended for your website and can dramatically increase conversions. Feel free to use any of the Turbulence Training images or banners that relate to the subject you are speaking of.
Yes, videos are a great way to overcome scepticism by providing credibility to the Turbulence Training workout system. If you are looking for videos to place on your blog and/or affiliate transactions, then I recommend taking a look at my YouTube channel found at:
There you will find more than a hundred videos in which you can copy the embedded video script of a particular video and easily paste it into a page on your own site with your affiliate link either above or below the video.
Will you help me track my Google Adwords campaigns?
Yes, please email the following two pieces of information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your affiliate ID
- Your Google conversion script you can find in your Adwords account
There are two excellent resources for getting more traffic. The first is a free report I’ve prepared for you.
In addition, my friend Mike Geary who gets millions of people to his website every month has prepared an ADVANCED website traffic system that will help you get even more traffic by showing you how to use Craigslist, E-bay, Google's "Local Search", and even your local TV News Station to get more website traffic to your site.
Just think... even gaining just 1 or 2 new customers from these powerful techniques that we are going to show you could easily pay you back for the investment in this course. After that, it's all PROFIT!
Our Spanish version of Turbulence Training can be found at:
Spanish Affiliate Link:
=> Coming soon!
First of all, don’t worry; the Turbulence Training refund rate is extremely low so this rarely happens. But if someone requests a refund after their purchase, then you will not get commission on that sale.
Anytime you have a question or concern, simply contact me by emailing this address:
At Turbulence Training, I also have an affiliate manager Amy who is working with me to improve all of our Turbulence Training affiliate tools so that we can help you make more money promoting the best fat burning workout in the world!
I am here to help you succeed. I can’t thank you enough for helping promote Turbulence Training and helping millions of people around the world to transform their lives.
To your success,
Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
Author, Turbulence Training
PS Please let me know how I can help you!